Powerscourt and Glendalough Day Tour
Premier Chauffeur Drive offers the option of taking a day tour through the sites and attractions in and around Dublin City and across the Island of Ireland.
The Powerscourt and Glendalough Day Tour takes you south of Dublin to County Wicklow, known as the ‘Garden of Ireland’ – you will see why.
Travel to the award winning village of Enniskerry to the amazing Powerscourt House and Gardens-
“Powerscourt is a magnificent example of an aristocratic garden laid out with taste, knowledge and imagination.” Peter Coats – “Great Gardens of the Western World”
- This Palladian 68 room mansion built between 1730 and 1741, with baroque dome-roofed towers at either end, which overlooks magnificent landscaped gardens.
- Voted No.3 in the Top 10 Gardens of the world by National Geographic.
- 47 acres of Gardens set under the Great Sugar Loaf Mountain.
- Grassy terraces of the formal gardens.
- Charming walled gardens of rare plants from around the world.
- Including their famous Japanese Gardens with its secret grotto.
- Enjoy exciting sculptures of Gods and mythical creatures as well as exquisite water features.
- Woodlands with trees over 250 years old from all over the world, including the great American Redwood, and the Chinese Dawn Redwood.
- The fantastic Gates to the Gardens
- The Chorus Gate, The Venetian Gate, The English Gate and the spectacular 250 year old Bamberg Gate.
- In the house itself, you can experience Tara’s Palace – a unique and magical hand crafted dolls palace.
- The Avoca Terrace Café offers the finest in Irish artisan home cooked cuisine.
- It’s also home to the best in Irish design in gifts, clothes and furniture.
“One of the most beautiful and inspiring places in the world, one visit is rarely enough” Lonely Planet Guide.
In the afternoon, you make your way over to the wonderful Glendalough Monastic site through the Wicklow Mountains via the old Military Road. This includes a photo stop at a little hidden treasure, the picturesque Lough Tay, also known as the Guinness Lake.
Glendalough Monastic Site
Carved by grinding glaciers during the last Ice Age, the valley of Glendalough is a sweeping expanse that combines unbelievable natural beauty with utter serenity. An atmosphere of total tranquility.
Glendalough means the “Valley of the Two Lakes” in the Irish language.
- This is where St Kevin set up an impressive monastic settlement where he sought solitude in the 6th Century.
- Remains of 7 churches.
- Remains of a Cathedral.
- Celtic High Crosses.
- St. Kevin’s Cross
- St Kevin’s Church
- Round Tower over 30 meters high.
- St Kevin’s Bed.
- Upper and Lower Lakes to explore.
- Glendalough Visitors Centre.
Our private driver guide picks you up at your Dublin City hotel/ Bed and Breakfast after breakfast and drops you back again at approximately between 5.00 and 6.00 pm.
Our private driver will take you to many places while telling you all about the history and culture of the area. While travelling in our luxurious vehicles you can view the beautiful scenery and sites of Ireland.
Our company prides itself on being the premier chauffeur service in Dublin. Take a day to see the sites and learn the lore of Ireland.
|First Class Luxury Saloon
|First Class Luxury MPV
|VIP Mini Coach
*Pricing Does NOT Include Attraction Admission Fees