Boyne Valley Day Tour
Premier Chauffeur Drive offers the option of taking a day tour through the sites and attractions in and around Dublin City and across the Island of Ireland
The Boyne Valley Day Tour takes you to County Meath, north of Dublin City.
- this river valley was the cradle of Irish civilization, and it supported a sophisticated society in Neolithic times.
- visit to the Bru-na-Boinne Centre – visit the Megalithic Passage Tombs at Newgrange and Knowth. These Tombs date back before the Pyramids in Egypt.
- Rock Art – largest assemblage of megalithic art in Western Europe.
- World Heritage Site since December 1993.
In the afternoon you continue onto Slane Castle and Monasterboice Monastic Site.
- Snack and refreshment in Slane Castle, the home of Lord Mount Charles.
- Castle was built in 1785, designed by three architects – James Gandon, James Wyatt and Francis Johnston.
- Ancestral Home to the Conyngham Family.
- 1500 acres of Land.
- Hosted open Air Concerts- in 1981 Thin Lizzy, supported by U2. More recently- Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Queen, Rolling Stones, and Gun and Roses.
Monasterboice Monastic Site
Founded by St. Buithe in the 6th Century.
- Best Early example of an early Christian site in entire country.
- Best example of 2 Sandstone High Crosses of the 100 High Crosses in Ireland.
- Cross of Muiredach – Most decorative High Cross in Ireland.
- West Cross – over 7 meters high, tallest High Cross in Ireland.
- Early Christian Grave Slab.
- Sun Dial – possibly the earliest example in Ireland.
- Great example of a Round Tower on this site.
- 1979 Pope John Paul II said an open air mass here, not safe to travel to Northern Ireland, – the people travelled down south to see him here.
Our private driver guide picks you up at your Dublin City hotel/ Bed and Breakfast at 8.15 am and drops you back again at approximately between 5.00 and 6.00 pm.
Our private driver will take you to many places while telling you all about the history and culture of the area. While travelling in our luxurious vehicles you can view the beautiful scenery and sites of Ireland.
Our company prides itself on being the premier chauffeur service in Dublin. Take a day to see the sites and learn the lore of Ireland.
|First Class Luxury Saloon||€520|
|First Class Luxury MPV||€520|
|VIP Mini Coach||€550|
*Pricing Does NOT Include Attraction Admission Fees